Active Listening takes energy, Casual listening is for radio.
Good Habits
1) Make regular eye contact
2) Pay close attention and do not let my mind wander
3) I stick to the subject
4) I ask questions for clarification. (if i think that it's obviously not right, ask qn!!)
5) I restate or paraphrase to show that i understand.
Bad Habits
1) I interrupt often
2) I jumped to conclusions
3) I finished others' sentences
4) I think about my replies when others are speaking
5) I change the subjects without warning.
Thought speed is 4-5x of speaking speed.
Suggestions
1) Set a purpose for listening.
2) Find a common interest
3) Hear the speaker out (dun use ur past experience and jump to conclusions! Dun stop listening!)
4) Be alert for verbal and non-verbal cues
Listening means you are getting something out of the listening.
Behavior that u are not listening
1) Rehearsing
2) Judging
No comments:
Post a Comment