"There's something about writing things that makes you look at them differently and think about them in a new way."
Had AC2401 exam today. I must admit it was one of the most unprepared exams ever. This has largely got to due to the decreasing motivation towards studying throughout the years. I know that successful people seek excellence in everything that they do, but somehow just cant get the motivation to work hard for it haha. Afterall, academic excellence doesn't equate to much in terms of life success? Had a small talk with Fang Ting on the way back home. I must say that somehow I really think highly of her, not just because she was the former chairperson of the Audit CCA, but the way she carries herself and the aura she has. Huge potential she has I will say. Anyway, had a fun chat with her on a TED Talk about a north korean escaping and other random stuff heh.
Had a afternoon nap and dreamed something about friendship. I woke up with the song 那些年 in my head. I used to wake up with different songs starting my day but haven had this feeling since entering NTU. It was pretty cool as it feel like a internal jukebox in my head haha. Maybe I were meant to be involved in the music industry heh. The song reminded me of the different friendships that I have/had and made me wonder how they evolve/change throughout the years.
I used to have a very close female friend (whom I call my mei). She was a perfect example for the quote "God send you people into your life for a purpose". I must say that she was a major turning point of my life. She came into my life when I was depressed in JC and we started knowing each other ever since she gave me a handmade birthday card during CCA. To an acquaintance, can you imagine that! :) She was a catalyst for me to come out of feeling depressed and taught me several lessons that I will never forget. 每一天都有微笑的理由!She taught me that to get people interested in you, be interested in them first. She taught me how to love others (in terms of friendship and general love). After which, both of us became busy with our individual stuff and coupled with some of the interpersonal skills lessons that I needed to learn, we grew further and further apart.
I have a very close buddy who had been my brother since secondary 4. We were perfect complements for each other in terms of work as we have perfectly complementary strengths. He was there for me to grow in certain areas and after which, we experienced the 道不同, 不相為謀. We have different values and we grew further apart too. I forgive him and I accept him for that difference. I will say that I still treat him as my brother and will go all out for him still, its just that we have different paths to go.
I realised that everyone came into my life for a purpose and as a lesson for me to learn. It may be for me to borrow their strength in the meantime while I grow internally. It may be for me to learn the attitude of gratitude with them being the example. It may be for me to learn how to love and be loved. It may be for me to see the contrast and know what I truly desire in life. After the lesson is learnt, they may slowly drift away to seek their other purposes in life.
I have learnt from my female friend that "Don't cry because it ended, smile because it happened!" While I want the different friendships to stay exactly the same as before, I decided to treat these as important experiences in my life and be glad that they happened! 10,20 years down the road when we meet again, I hope that we will make time to have coffee with each other and we will still laugh together at the silly times we had with each other. :)
-Off to read Jim Stovall's The Ultimate Journey!
PS: Sometimes I wonder, how many of my friends still blog nowadays? haha. Well, Im blogging for myself so it's ok heh. Just wondering.
No comments:
Post a Comment