Friday, 27 December 2013

We Sell Hope

I have recently finalized my company name. It shall be We Sell Hope. Every business sells something and mine will be Hope.

How many people in the world did not realize their true potential merely because they are unaware that they have the power and capability within them to achieve whatever they want to achieve? I believe there are many. How many people in the world did not start their first step of their journey of thousand miles because they did not have that someone to encourage them? I believe there are many. How many people ran out of hope halfway when they were merely three feet from gold? I believe there are many.

A close friend of mine once have a dream of studying at Peking University. She worked hard and obtained great results to get there. Her family had some financial difficulties and she worked even harder in interviews to be awarded an overseas scholarship. I was thrilled when I heard that news from her! One day, she started talking to me about her concerns of studying abroad for four years. She was worried if she could cope with a foreign environment, being away from close friends and family etc. I felt kinda weird as she had always been the positive person (in fact, she was definitely more positive than I was by then). I gave her my usual "Just go for it! I believe you can overcome it!" advice and I asked her why was she so different that day. I was shocked when I heard her reply! Apparently, before talking to me, she had talked to 19 different people about her decision to study abroad. Yet, I was the only one who had encouraged her to go chase her dreams while her other close friends and relatives had casted her their doubts of her not coping.

A few months later, she changed her overseas scholarship to a local one and studied in a local university instead.

I was frustrated man! Just because you do not have the guts to do so, doesn't mean you can tell others that and steal their dream! However, there was nothing much that I could have done. The negativity had swallowed her dream alive. That was one of the few times I felt quite helpless.

What if there were a few more positive people who had encouraged her? Would the decision be different? I do not know. However, I do believe that somewhere somehow, some lives may be changed forever by that added positivity.

I am blessed that a friend of mine introduced me to an association of successful dreamers, who opened up the world of possibilities for me. They taught me that if God had given me a dream, he had also given me the capability within me to achieve it. They taught me how to build strong genuine relationships with my friends and family. They taught me how I can be the master of my thoughts and not be enslaved by them. They taught me that a candle does not lose its light by lighting up other candles and how I, by being successful myself, can inspire others.

I truly think that while I have my own strengths, I am definitely not someone who is more talented than any other people. I am just an ordinary person willing to do extraordinary things. I dream of being extremely successful myself and giving others permission and showing them that if I can do it, they definitely can do it. They are able to do what I do and if they are hardworking and have a dream, they can be as successful as I am or even surpass me. Like a pebble falling into calm water, I do not know where will the ripples reach, but I do hope mine will reach and change some people's lives.

Hence We Sell Hope. We Sell Hope sells hope to people who are looking and willing. We Sell Hope to people who hope they or their family can have better health. We Sell Hope to people who have low self image due to their complexion. We Sell Hope to dreamers who just cannot find a vehicle to achieve their dreams and goals. We Sell Hope to the frightened, lonely, helpless who just wish for someone to guide them to better their lives.

We Sell Hope

Vision - Empowering people around the world 
Mission - Empowering dreamers around the world in achieving their dreams


No comments: